|Summer Camps »|
|Sudden Cardiac Death in Young Athletes »|
|School League Website »|
|Driving Directions »|
|Athletics Calendar »|
|Athletics Forms »|
2017 - 2018 Spartan Sports Team Information
Cross Country Starts August 21
Whitty Field 5-6pm
Girls Soccer Tryouts
Boys Soccer TBA
Please Check Back for more information.
- By Diocesan guidelines, each athlete must have an up-to-date physical form on file with the school before they can try-out or practice with a sport team.
- All physicals are valid for 1 year from date of issue. Physical forms, Emergency Contact Forms and Medical Treatment Forms may be downloaded from the school web site (Spartan Athletics, Athletic Forms) and Physicals must have the physician's signature and stamp and Medical Treatment Forms MUST be Notarized.
- Physical due dates are prior to ANY athletic participation.
- It is best to have the physical completed in the summer regardless of the season of participation. As each season approaches if the physical was completed in the summer, the athlete will be issued a recertification form to be completed by the parent.
SPORTS REGISTRATION DATES
Fall Sports: REGISTRATION Early Registration April 28 - May 14
Late Registration July 28- August 13
Season Starts August 19
- Soccer (Girls grades 6-8- Boys grades 6-8)
- Cross-Country (grades 4-8) First Practice is when school starts
Winter Sports: REGISTRATION September 15 - October 1
Season Starts October 15
- Basketball (grades 5-8)
- Wrestling (grades 5-8 grade 5 is developmental) and
- Cheerleading (grades 5-8) (for basketball)
Spring Sports: REGISTRATION January 19 - February 4
Season Begins March 15
- Varsity Baseball (grades 6-8)
- Softball (grades 5-8 ),
- Tennis (grades 5-8 grade 5 is developmental),
- Track (grades 4-8),
- Volleyball grades 5-8 (if possible)
- STUDENTS MAY REGISTER FOR 1 (one) Sport per season.
Equipment and Uniforms
Athletes for each team will be issued some part of a Uniform. The athlete is responsible to return issued items in good condition at the end of the season or they will be charged for the item. Athletes must acquire their own footwear for the sport and any other protective gear if not listed below.
- Soccer: Jersey, shorts
- Cross-country -Team shirt (they use green gym shorts)
- Basketball: Jersey, game shorts, warm-up shirt
- Cheerleading -Uniform top and skirt
- Wrestling: Singlet uniform
- Varsity Baseball: Jersey, pants, belt and Hat
- Softball; Jersey, shorts
- Tennis: Team shirt
- Track: Team shirt (use green gym shorts)
- Volleyball: Jersey, game shorts, warm-up shirt
Athletes may be asked to purchase practice t-shirts, socks, etc. through the athletic office if required. The athlete would then keep these.
Please refer to the school handbook for additional information regarding the sports program and check the school websites for forms and schedules.